Declarer Play Techniques:
Collection of 5 lessons WITH handout (PDF), 10+hours of Video Training
- Play of the hand in NT contracts, safety plays, danger hands & hold up plays.
- Play of the hand in suit contracts, when to delay drawing trump, how to choose which technique is best for playing a hand.
- Ruffing, cross-ruffing, discarding, developing long suits, finessing and ruffing finesses.
- Lesson 1: Play of the hand in a No Trump Contract
- Lesson 2: The Dangerous Opponent
- Lesson 3: Play of the Hand in a Suit Contract
- Lesson 4: Loser on a Loser
- Lesson 5: Long Suit Establishment
Get Unlimited Access
A little bit of everything for players of all levels. Something for everyone.
ONLY $119 CAD
What You're Going To Get In The Summer Bridge Bundle:
- Lesson 11: Weak Two’s
- Lesson 12: Introduction to Two Over One
- Lesson 13: Locating Opponents’ Honour Cards
- Lesson 14: Common Errors To Avoid
- Lesson 15: Fourth Suit Forcing
- Lesson 16: My Kingdom For An Entry
- Lesson 17: Thinking Ahead
- Lesson 18: Defensive Signalling
- Lesson 19: Preempt Your Way To Success
- Lesson 20: Winning Bridge Techniques
- Lesson 1: All About No Trump
- Lesson 2: All About Doubles
- Lesson 3: Negative Doubles
- Lesson 4: Major Suit Raises
- Lesson 5: Killing Defence
- Lesson 6: Play of The Hand
- Lesson 7: Control Bidding in Slams
- Lesson 8: To Strip and Conquer
- Lesson 9: Practice Your Slam Bidding and Play
- Lesson 10: Defense Against No Trump Contracts
Collection of 4 Lessons WITH handout (PDF), 8+hours of Video Training
ONLY $39 CAD
Collection of 2 Lessons WITH handout (PDF), 4+hours of Video Training
ONLY $39 CAD
PURCHASE May / June
Collection of 9 recordings WITH handout (PDF), 18+hours of Video Training
ONLY $89 CAD
Collection of 5 recordings WITH handout (PDF), 10+hours of Video Training
ONLY $49 CAD
Barbara's three Quiz books on Declarer Play, Bidding and Defense.
Special: All 3 for $39.00* or 2 for $28.00*
- Reg. price: $15.95* + tax each
Also on SALE are 2 Eddie Kantar books. Declarer Play and Defense.
These two books are the two best bridge books ever written.
Your Declarer Play and your Defense will improve so much when you read these books. VERY easy reads! Revised and updated very recently by Barbara Seagram.
- $32.00* CAD / $24.00* USD for both
- $17.95* CAD + tax for one
$13.95* USD + tax for one
NOTE: *Postage extra. Email Barbara, with postal mailing address, or pick up at 220 Lawrence Ave East, Toronto
Planning the Defense
Barbara Seagram & David Bird
Ten years after their award-winning Planning the Play of a Bridge Hand, Seagram & Bird tackle the hardest part of the game: defense.
Using the same step-by-step approach, they guide the reader through the minefield of:
- making a defensive plan and, above all
- counting - points, tricks and distribution.
Available at our school or at Lee's bridge club or Wayne's bridge club or at Stephen's bridge club or by contacting Barbara at
BARBARA'S NEW 26th BOOK
PLANNING THE PLAY: THE NEXT LEVEL
by Barbara Seagram
Barbara's first book in this series (also co-authored by David Bird) won Book of the Year Award by the American Bridge Teachers' Association: Planning the Play of a Bridge Hand.
That first book introduced the basic concepts of how to go about making a plan as declarer for beginning and improving players, and is a popular text for bridge teachers. This sequel extends the plan to more complex situations, and covers ideas such as safety plays, avoidance play, trump control, dummy reversal, and endplays.
It will appeal to players who have a good grasp of the basics of declarer play
and are looking to improve from there.
Books are available from:
- Lee or Wayne at their excellent Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon and evening games at Temple Sinai Synagogue @ 210 Wilson Ave.
- Josee at Trinity Presbyterian Church at 2737 Bayview Ave on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- By email from Barbara
- You may pick up the books from us at a convenient address in North Toronto if you pre-arrange by email. We leave orders between our doors.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
by Barbara Seagram
Over the years, readers have suggested that it would be an even better book if it offered some way to practice what they had learned. Now, here it is: Barbara's 25th book...a brief summary of each of those 25 conventions, together with example hands that can be dealt out and used to apply your new or brushed up knowledge.
It can be mailed to you or you can pick it up in Toronto.
Available by emailing Barbara at , or at Temple Sinai 210 Wilson Ave or at 2737 Bayview Ave on selected days only. It can be mailed to you or you can pick it up in Toronto!
TWO OVER ONE TEXT BOOK
by Barbara Seagram
Simply explains all you need to know about this system that has swept the world. Quizzes within will make you very comfortable with the system very quickly. And if you don’t play it, at the very least you should understand what your opponents are playing.
Available by emailing Barbara at
Barbara Seagram's DOUBLES CHEAT SHEET
Takeout doubles, Negative Doubles, Support Doubles, Redoubles, Lead Directing Doubles, Lightner Doubles, Responsive Doubles, Penalty Doubles
Available in person at our Bridge Studio, or by email to
MY TWO OVER ONE CHEAT SHEET IS NOW OUT!
Everything you need to know about this system, in a nutshell. Simply explained. Why you need to know the system that has swept North America by storm!
· What is the Forcing No Trump
· Questions to agree on with partner
· Recommended conventions you should consider playing
· Opener's rebid after Forcing 1NT
· Rebids by Responder after bidding Forcing 1NT
· Raising Partner's Major
· Tips to Help you Learn 2/1
· Semi-Forcing No Trump & an alternative approach
· Fourth Suit Forcing
And lots more!
Comment from a recent purchaser...
YOUR CHEAT SHEETS are saving my life; they are wonderful!!!!! You can quote me. !!! They are so to the point and so easy to understand; invaluable if you are unsure
Now available at Temple Sinai 210 Wilson Ave or at 2737 Bayview Ave on selected days only or email Barbara with your address & we will send it to you by postal mail,
If you don't have Barbara's other cheat sheets, we will be happy to send these out to you. Just send us your postal mailing address and we will send.
When you receive the package, have a look to see cost of postage on outside of packet. Send us a cheque for cost of the product and add the postage. Sorry but we do not take credit cards.
BUY 4 CHEAT SHEETS: $40.00
ALL 5 CHEAT SHEETS: $48.00
Special Valid until September 30th
Email Barbara to ORDER:
The Pocket Guide to Even More Bridge Conventions
by Barbara Seagram & David Bird
A summary of all the fancier conventions. A VERY useful summary in a nutshell. You will love it.
Available @ Temple Sinai 210 Wilson Ave or at 2737 Bayview Ave on selected days only, or by contacting Barbara @ 416-487-8321
or by email,
BARBARA SEAGRAM BRIDGE BOOKS
Which book will help YOU the most?
- Books on Conventions: For Advanced, Beginners and Intermediate Players
- Books on Bidding, Playing and Defending at Bridge: For Beginners and Intermediate Players
- Quiz Books: For Beginners and Intermediate Players
2021 marks our 11th year of working to support schools, education,
sanitation and the villagers in Cambodia!
Did you know? The Laos Water Filters last for over 12 years,
with very little care and maintenance!
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TODAY
BRIDGE LESSON LUNCH & PLAY IN PERSON IN TORONTO
FRIDAY OCTOBER 22nd: 9.30 am - 3 pm
ARMOUR HEIGHTS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 105 Wilson Ave. Toronto
You must be double-vaccinated to attend.
Email PROOF OF DOUBLE VACCINATION to email@example.com
or show forms at the door (but before is best).
MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN
Alex Kornel & Doug Cowan will direct the game at 12.15 pm. Thank you, Doug!
- 9.30 am - 11.30 am HANDS-ON LESSON
IMPROVE YOUR PLAY OF THE HAND by Barbara Seagram
- 11.30 am - 12.15 pm: LIGHT LUNCH
- 12.15 pm - 3.00 pm: DUPLICATE GAME with MASTER POINTS
Come and see all of us before you head south!
Barbara & Alex, Pani Lee, Josee Hammill, Enid Roitman, Ann Katz will all be present to welcome you & have a visit in person! We will sell books and scarves that day also!
$40.00 for the full-day. $7.00 will be retained 10 cover costs (Feel free 10 donate more)
Remaining proceeds will all go to Armour Heights Church. Tax receipt will be issued.
Cheque made out to: ARMOUR HEIGHTS PRESBYERIAN CHURCH
and mailed to: Barbara Seagram, 220 Lawrence Ave East. Toronto ON M4N 1T2
Or email transfer to AKORNEL@SYMPATICO.CA
Specify Oct 22 in your email transfer and email Barbara firstname.lastname@example.org to hold your spot.
NEED A PARTNER? LET BARBARA KNOW
FALL CLASSES WITH JOSÉE ON ZOOM
Basics Beginners Bridge Series
- Tuesdays 9:30 am to 11:30 am (EST) beginning on September 21st for 8 weeks
Learn the basic elements of the game of bridge: how to take tricks, how to work with a partner, how to open the bidding in a suit and in No Trump, how to respond, how to compete and more. Opportunities to play and practice online will be provided. Lessons are recorded and can be watched on your own time.
$240 CDN ($188 USD). Price includes taxes and Barbara Seagram Basic Bridge textbook. See the below for payment instructions.
Intermediate I Bridge Series
- Tuesdays 4 to 6 pm (EST) beginning on September 21st for 7 weeks.
For those who feel rusty and need a refresher and for those moving up from Basic lessons. Opportunities to play and practice online will be provided. Lessons are recorded and can be watched on your own time.
$210 CDN ($165 USD). Price includes taxes and Barbara Seagram Intermediate I textbook.
Intermediate III Bridge Series
- Wednesdays 4 to 6 pm (EST) beginning on September 22nd for 6 weeks.
Intermediate III is a full course on Defence and Conventions!
- DEFENCE: Third Hand Play, Second Hand Play, Suit Preference Signalling, Strategy on Defence, Lead Directing Doubles, Discarding.
- CONVENTIONS: Negative Doubles, Jacoby 2 NT as a forcing raise, Jacoby Transfers, Texas Transfers, Splinters, Roman Key Card Blackwood, Cue Bids, Slam Bidding and lots more!
$180 CDN ($142 USD). Price includes taxes and Barbara Seagram Intermediate III textbook.
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR ALL CLASSES IS REQUIRED
Contact Josée preferably by email at email@example.com, indicating your choice of course or by phone at 416-300-9140
Include First and Last Name, email address, mailing address if you require mailing of the textbook.
Payment by etransfer to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cheque to:
Josee Hammill, 418-1717 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario M5M 0A2 Canada
How do I get my book?
- Pick it up at the address above, in Toronto (two weeks before the class starts).
- By mail: add the postage costs to the course fee ($5.74 CDN). Please allow for 3 weeks delivery to avoid delays.
For Students Outside of Canada:
Please mail your check to:
Josee Hammill, 418-1717 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario M5M 0A2 Canada
Alternatively, you may choose to pay in US dollars via PayPal to email address email@example.com
and also by clicking on this link, http://bit.ly/JoseePaypal.
See https://www.bridgewebs.com/josees for DETAILED PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Please contact Josee to find out correct amount including postage of text book* and Pay Pal admin fees.
*Textbook included & shipped by regular mail. Please allow for 3-4 weeks delivery. Post offices in USA and Canada are very slow at this time.
Keep checking Josée's website, https://www.bridgewebs.com/josees for future updates on games for novice players and course packages to be purchases.
Contact Josée preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-300-9140.
NEW: NOVICE BRIDGE PLAYERS:
If you have 0-20 master points, OR know someone new to the game, note that Josee and Lee are now running games for new players:
Wednesdays 10:00 am and 7:15 pm,EASTERN TIME. For MORE information, click here
Quarantine Bridge Quiz
THE QUIZ WILL RETURN IN THE NEXT NEWSLETTER!