JOSEE HAMMILL'S ONLINE BRIDGE LESSONS
BEGINNER BRIDGE LESSONS
For those who have never played before or for those who have not played for a long time and want to start up again but it will be a real Beginners course.
Open to anyone no matter where you live. Josee will send you the Zoom link after you register.
Wednesdays 4 pm to 6 pm (EST) beginning on September 9th for 8 weeks
During these 8 weeks you will be introduced to the basic elements of the game of bridge: how to take tricks, how to work with a partner, how to open the bidding in a suit and in No Trump, how to respond and more on bidding. Play of the hand concepts will also be introduced each week. Handouts of hands to input on BBO with “how to” will be provided each week to allow you to practice what you have learned.
COST: $240 CAD. (Approx. $185.00 USD) Price includes taxes and Barbara Seagram Basic Bridge textbook. See below for payment instructions.
INTERMEDIATE I BRIDGE SERIES
Tuesdays 4 to 6 pm (EST) beginning on September 8th for 7 weeks.
For those who feel rusty and need a refresher and for those moving up from Basic lessons. Handouts of hands to practice declarer play concepts that can be uploaded on BBO will be provided each week.
COST: $210 CAD. (Approx. $162.00 USD) Price includes taxes and Barbara Seagram Intermediate I textbook.
LEARN TO PLAY TWO OVER ONE – A TWO DAY COURSE
Monday September 21 & Tuesday September 22 - 9:30 to 11:30 am (EST)
Learn the system that most of North America now plays. It makes it much easier to get to a better contract, easier to find slams on fewer values and easier to know when to stop in a part score. Learn the forcing No Trump bid.
COST: $65 CAD. (Approx. $50.00 USD) Includes taxes and Barbara Seagram 2/1 textbook
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR ALL CLASSES IS REQUIRED:
Contact Josée Hammill
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel no: 416-300-9140
FOR ALL COURSES: HOW TO PAY:
- If you are Canadian:
An etransfer (automatic deposit no need for a password) to Josee's email address is preferred.
Otherwise a cheque can be mailed to:
418-1717 Avenue Road,
Toronto, Ontario, M5M 0A2 Canada
- For students outside Canada:
Please mail your cheque to 418-1717 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario, M5M 0A2
How do I get my book?
A week or two before the class starts, you will be able to pick up the textbook in Toronto if you live nearby. For those who prefer that we mail you the textbook, postage will be extra and will need to be included with the course fee.
- Postage within Canada - $5.74 CDN
- Postage to US destination - $8.20 USD
Please let Josee know at time of registration whether you will be picking up the book or require us to mail it. Please include your mailing address.
NOTE: You can also check in with Josée on: www.bridgebase.com
- Tuesday evenings from 7-9 pm
For those not actually playing a hand that round, you can watch and listen to the bidding and playing commentary. There may be opportunities to ask questions after each hand.
- 4 players play 2 hands, with Josée advising on the proper bidding once you have finished bidding. Then you play the hand.
- After two boards, 4 new players join.
Be sure to get an account with www.bridgebase.com
- Log in to BBO at www.bridgebase.com. This will take you to the lobby. If you have not joined BBO yet, you will need to register with a user name and a password. Registration is free.
- Once you log on to BBO, the first screen you will see has a menu that includes Play or Watch Bridge.
- In order to find where I am teaching you will need to add me as a friend . My user name on BBO is JoseeTeach. To add me as a friend, look to the right of your screen, and you will see a tab that says People. Click on this and at the bottom of that screen, where it says Add Friend, add my user name JoseeTeach. Once it shows me online, you can click on my ID and my profile will appear.
- Go to the top of the profile and click on the blue "Join" button. That will take you to the teaching table.
This part is definitely new for all of you and is very important.
This will be an BBO audio (voice) lesson. When you get to the table you will see a yellow button that says Voice. Click on that button. If you have trouble hearing, make sure that you have your volume turned up. If you don't see the yellow button, you may need to log off and change browsers. Chrome and Firefox seem to work well.
If you are using a tablet to access BBO you can't take advantage of the voice feature from the app. Best to open your browser on our tablet and go to www.bridgebase.com/v3/. Then you will be using the site as if you are on a laptop. I highly recommend you do it this way so you can listen to my wonderful bridge tips :)
Doug Cowan will be joining me to help out. His user ID is wdoug1 so you can always ask him questions privately. Add him as a friend also. If you require more help over the phone ask either one of us.
Let's have fun playing some bridge and connecting again! We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday evenings!
Check out Josee's website www.bridgewebs.com/josees or email Josee at email@example.com or call 416-300-9140.