UPDATE: Now Sold Out! We ARE taking names for a waitlist!
Also, we do need one lady to share with someone whos is booked.
If you know of anyone interested or wish to waitlist yourself, please contact Paola Shaw.
VANCOUVER TO TOKYO BRIDGE CRUISE NORTHERN PACIFIC CROSSING
19 NIGHTS ABOARD SHIP & 3 NIGHT STAYOVER POST CRUISE IN TOKYO
September 22 - October 14, 2021
The cruise in April 2020 was to be Barbara & Alex’s last escorted cruise but was cancelled. This cruise is the replacement cruise.
19 NIGHTS ABOARD SHIP & 3 NIGHT STAYOVER POST CRUISE IN TOKYO on the REGENT SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER,
the most luxurious ship ever built WITH BARBARA SEAGRAM & ALEX KORNEL
ALL CABINS ON THIS SHIP ARE VERANDAH SUITES
- $10,299.00 USD (NO Air) (Category G2) per person dbl. occ.
- $13,299.00 USD includes ALL Air & Bus class air from Japan
- $13,549.00 CDN (NO Air) (Category G2) per person dbl. occ.
- $17,449.00 CDN includes ALL Air & Bus class air from Japan
is the author of 30 books, the most well-known being 25 Bridge Conventions You Should Know.
Barbara & Alex will be escorting the group while aboard ship, teaching bridge and running bridge games. This is a private bridge programme.Barbara & Alex are not working for the cruise line, only for the group.You must book with Vision Travel in order to participate in our bridge program.
- Sep 22 Wed Vancouver, British Columbia
- Sep 23 Thu Cruising the Inside Passage
- Sep 24 Fri Ketchikan, Alaska
- Sep 25 Sat Icy Strait (Hoonah) Alaska
- Sep 26 Sun Cruising Hubbard Glacier
- Sep 27 Mon Seward, Alaska
- Sep 28 Tue Kodiak, Alaska
- Sep 29 Wed Cruising Pacific Ocean
- Sep 30 Thu Dutch Harbor
- Oct 1 Fri Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Oct 3 Sun Cross the International Date Line
- Oct 3 Sun Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Oct 4 Mon Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Oct 5 Tue Petropavlovsk, Russia
- Oct 6 Wed Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Oct 7 Thu Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Oct 8 Fri Hakodate, Japan
- Oct 9 Sat Sendai, Japan
- Oct 10 Sun Hitachinaka, Japan
- Oct 11 Mon Tokyo, Japan
- Oct 11-14 Stayover in Tokyo
- FREE LAUNDRY SERVICE FOR ALL GUESTS (New Feature)
- Shipboard credit is $600.00 USD per cabin
- Deposits for the cruise are now reduced.
ALL Fares Include: 3 nts post-cruise in Tokyo (Currently waitlisted) or 2 nts pre in Vancouver, Free Business class Japan back to North America, Free economy air on domestic flights from most major airports to Vancouver, BC, Free transfers if air is booked with Regent, Free unlimited shore excursions, Free unlimited beverages including fine wines & premium spirits, Free pre-paid gratuities, All taxes / World class dining, Free specialty restaurants, Free unlimited wi-fi.
NOTE: Penthouse suites & higher: Free personal butler
Everyone loves Regent and they are doing everything right. Do join us on this amazing adventure from Vancouver to Alaska, Russia and Japan.
To BOOK this Vancouver to Tokyo Bridge Cruise please contact:
Paola Shaw at Vision Travel Georgetown
Phone: 905-873-8070 or toll free at 1-800-263-5575 #1228
BARBADOS BRIDGE SUN SEA & SLAMS 2021 - WIN GOLD POINTS
We want to tell you about our annual bridge event held on the island of Barbados. Next year: Jan 31-Feb 7, 2021.
NEW!! A SPECIAL ACBL BRIDGE EVENT AWARDING BLACK & GOLD MASTER POINTS.
NOTE THAT 25% OF ALL POINTS WON WILL BE GOLD
NO NEED TO WIN YOUR SECTION OR PLACE OVERALL
SEVEN NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION INCLUDING ALL YOUR MEALS & DRINKS
USD $1,120.00 PER PERSON (DBL. OCC.) $1,435.00 SINGLE OCCUPANCY
Pay cash or you pay 5% surcharge if paying by credit card
EXTRA NIGHTS: $160.00 USD per person DBL OCC. or $205.00 per person SGL OCC.
Come early or stayover to tour this lovely island. (You may have to be in quarantine so check protocols on PDF) - MOST important if travelling from USA
- 1 Feb: 9.30 am: Pairs Gamel
- 1 Feb: 7.00 pm: Pelau Pairs # 1 session
- 2 Feb: 9.30 am: Pairs Game
- 2 Feb: 7.00 pm: Pelau Pairs # 2 session
- 3 Feb: 9.30 am: Pairs Game
- 3 Feb: 3.00 pm: Rum Pairs
- 4 Feb: 9.30 am: Team Game # 1 session
- 4 Feb: 1.00 pm: Team Game # 2 session
- 5 Feb: 9.30 am: Pairs Game
- 5 Feb: 3.00 pm: Lady Burton Pairs # 1 session
- 6 Feb: 9.30 am & 3.00 pm: Lady Burton Prs # 2 & 3
You can play in one, two or all three of the Lady Burton Pairs.
All bridge is optional. You can take a morning off here and there to do some sightseeing.
Know that the hotel & the bridge committee will be diligent. You will be required to wear masks, covering mouth AND nose and use hand sanitizer regularly. Also carry your own bidding box
HOTEL: BARBADOS BEACH CLUB, MAXWELL COAST ROAD, CHRIST CHURCH
THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL RATE
- BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AFTERNOON TEA, DINNER & LOCAL DRINKS ARE ALL INCLUDED. HOUSE WINE WITH DINNER. MANAGER’S COCKTAIL PARTY.
- TAXES INCLUDED.
- GRATUITIES ARE NOW INCLUDED.
- HOTEL GOVERNMENT LEVY INCLUDED.
- TRANSFERS TO & FROM AIRPORT INCLUDED. BRIDGE COMMITTEE TAKES YOU TO & FROM AIRPORT!
TO BOOK: Contact Reservations Department at Barbados Beach Club 1-246-428-9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOKING CODE IS BRIDGE 2021
One night’s deposit is required by the hotel by credit card
Cancellations within 14 nights of arrival: Penalty of 3 nights
The island has a wonderful Prime Minister, Mia Mottley, who has been lauded by all and is revered for her handling of the Covid-19 crisis on the island. She has been interviewed on BBC, CNN and other news media. At time of writing , there are only 8 active cases on the island, all visitors, and they are all in quarantine.
Alex and I feel so sure that the island is safe that we are spending four months there this winter. We have cancelled Florida and Mexico and we are truly broken-hearted about those but 2022, we'll be back there.
ACBL has cancelled all tournaments until at least the end of February BUT they are making an exception and allowing us to hold our annual Sun Sea and Slams event because Barbados is NOT in the same category as North America and the rest of the world re. Covid.
The hotel and the Bridge event will be diligent about spacing and we will all wear masks. Lots of hand sanitizer also. We plan to use two floors for playing area and there are many other improvements. Alex and I have shipped down our personal bidding boxes so everyone can carry around their own each day, versus boxes attached to tables.
The BEST part though that, while 75% of the master points you win will be black, 25% of ALL points that you win will be GOLD. No section tops or overall placements needed...just any points you win...25% will be converted to gold.
- Americans Because you are travelling from a high-risk country, you will be in quarantine for 7 days after arriving on the island. At a different hotel. You then MUST be re-tested on the island at your expense ($150.00 USD) ...SOME places are free of charge for the test. You can request to be in quarantine at Sunbay Hotel which is a quarantine hotel across the street from Barbados Beach Club (Host hotel). So you would need to come at least a week early.
- Canadians: No quarantine because you are coming from a medium risk country. But you have to be re-tested in 7 days. Also at your expense or go to one of the free centres to be tested.
Protocols change all the time but that is the situation as it stands now. AND everyone must show proof of having a Covid test done within 72 hours of arrival on the island and you bring test results with you.
Contact Roglyn Hinds Tournament chair email@example.com or 246-231-0149 if you have any questions.
If you have questions, feel free to email me also. A huge amount of effort is being expended to make this all work well so I am hoping to see lots of you. It will be so great to be able to see real people in real time.
Please watch this video of the island performed by Sir Emile Straker of the famous group, The Merrymen.
Alex and I will be in Barbados for 4 months starting Dec 10. We will attend the tournament and stay at the hotel. I will be teaching two seminars on Monday and Tuesday afternoon during the event. Please join us, you will love it and we will all have fun. More details follow...
CRUISE ABOARD the Regent Seven Seas Voyager ® WITH JIM RICKER & KEVIN WILSON
15-Night Honolulu to Tahiti Cruise - 5 Days at sea!
January 15 - January 20, 2021
NEW! THIS CRUISE IS NOW AN ACBL SECTIONAL BRIDGE TOURNAMENT AT SEA!
Jim Ricker & Kevin Wilson (Master Teacher/Bridge Professional)are friends & teaching colleagues of Barbara's.
Jim just won Teacher of the Year for all of North America.
This is an amazing trip.
- Jan 15 Fri Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jan 16 Sat Kahului, Hawaii
- Jan 17 Sun Hilo, Hawaii
- Jan 18 Mon Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Jan 19 Tue Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Jan 20 Wed Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Jan 21 Thu Cruising the Pacific Ocean
- Jan 22 Fri Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia
- Jan 23 Sat Cruising the South Pacific
- Jan 24 Sun Fakarava, French Polynesia
- Jan 25 Mon Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Jan 26 Tue Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Jan 27 Wed Raiatea, French Polynesia
- Jan 28 Thu Moorea, French Polynesia
- Jan 29 Fri Papeete (Tahiti), French Polynesia
- Jan 30 Sat Papeete (Tahiti), French Polynesia
Fares start at $6,899 USD (does NOT include airfare)
- Concierge suites and higher include: FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Package and more
- Penthouse suites and higher include: FREE Personal Butler and more
ALL Fares Include: 2-FOR-1 All-Inclusive Fares, FREE Business Class Air* on All Intercontinental Flights, FREE Air* on Domestic Flights BOTH with FREE Transfers Between Airport and Ship, FREE Unlimited Shore Excursions, FREE Unlimited Beverages Including Fine Wines and Premium Spirits, FREE Open Bars and Lounges Plus In-Suite Mini-Bar Replenished Daily, FREE Pre-Paid Gratuities, FREE Specialty Restaurants, FREE Unlimited WiFi. Be aware that Jim and Kevin's group gets a discounted fare, plus your bridge fees are included in Jim and Kevin's group booking.
Includes Jim and Kevin's Bridge Program - Exclusive to our GROUP ONLY!
There will be a full lesson every morning the ship is at sea. There will be a bridge game almost every afternoon (Except for the first and last day of the cruise) from 3:00-6:00 including a short lesson before the SILVER MASTERPOINT Duplicate bridge game, the game will come with Hand Records with commentary on a few of the hands, and a short post-mortem. Our entire bridge group is welcome to participate in all bridge activities and we will guarantee partners. You can skip, or play in, any bridge activity at your convenience. You don't even need to have a partner. After the bridge game everyone can go to dinner together, or separately if desired.
To BOOK this South Pacific Cruise please contact:
Aida Costa at Vision Travel Georgetown
Phone: Direct Line 289-344-4007, or (800)-263-5575 #1209
2020 FALL BRIDGE AT THE BRIARS
Unfortunately, we had to cancel both Briars weekends in 2020. We will keep our players informed as to what will happen in 2021.
The possible dates for 2021 are: April 23-25 and October 29-31.
Stay safe n' be well!
John Rayner, Jill Thompson and Lee Daugharty